Jennifer Stuckert, MA
Marriage & Family Therapist Intern #64158
(510) 595-5500, ext. 18
“Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves come when life seems most challenging.”
– Joseph Campbell
Sometimes, as you walk your particular path in life, you’re confronted with indescribable challenges—frustrations, disappointments, and losses—that leave you feeling angry, alone, hurt, confused, and lost. You can’t help but feel stuck in difficult feelings and self-doubt (you’re human, after all), but how do you get un-stuck? How do you tap into your creative potential, to feel more alive and centered, to move forward? Within your time of struggle, painful as it can be, exists a seed of incredible opportunity for new growth and understanding.
As a drama therapist, professional actor, and playwright, I know first-hand the empowering, transformative potential of the creative arts and drama therapy. I have an MA in counseling psychology with a concentration in drama therapy from CIIS, and experience working with children, adolescents, and adults in a variety of settings, including: inpatient and outpatient programs for the recovery of chemical dependency and eating disorders, an inpatient psychiatric unit, elementary schools, and private practice.
Utilizing such powerful tools as role play, story-telling, breath work, and creative writing, I’ll help you work through difficult personal and relationship issues, and aide you in deepening your self-awareness, learning to manage difficult feelings, developing greater self-acceptance, and implementing nurturing behavior. We’ll do it in a way that works for you and your specific needs and treatment goals. This is your journey.
I believe in the incredible resilience of the human spirit, that it’s in authentic relationship that we’re able to manifest our deepest selves, and that at the heart of mental health and vitality is an ongoing practice of compassionate playfulness, brave self-expression and acceptance, and emotional and cognitive flexibility.
Supervised by Armand Volkas, RDT, MFT (MFC#28789)
- Innovation & Renewal: In Applied & Therapeutic Theatre8/1-8/4 4-day intensive, Berkeley, $500 ($450 before Jun. 1)...More+
- Finding Sanctuary in the Body: A Yoga, Art, & Somatic Psychotherapy Group for Survivors of Sexual TraumaTues. 5/14-6/18 7:15-8:45p, $25/wk, Emeryville...More+
- ACTS of COURAGE: An improvisational theatre performance inspired by personal stories of heroism in the face of injustice Playback Theatre, 5/19 2pm, Live Oak Theatre, Berkeley...More+
- Ageless Pizazz! A 3-month group for women at midlife and beyondThurs. 7:00-9:15pm, 6/20-9/12, 12 weeks, Emeryville...More+
- Transform Your Life Script: A Drama Therapy GroupTues. 5/21-7/30 6:45-9:45p, $40, San Francisco...More+