Theater for Self-Improvement
Monthly Drama Therapy Workshops
- Would you like to feel better about yourself?
- Would you like to improve your relationships with your family, co-workers, or partner?
- Are you lacking the motivation and confidence needed to achieve your dreams?
At this drama therapy workshop, we will use improvisational theater to explore topics such as:
- Life transitions
Drama therapy techniques will include Developmental Transformations, role-play, psychodrama, and ritual. Our group work will incorporate elements of attachment object-relations, self-psychology, and psychodynamic theory, Jungian analysis, and cognitive/dialectical behavioral therapy.
*No theater experience necessary. Shy people highly encouraged!
First Sundays, beginning Feb. 3, 2013
3:30 - 5:30 pm
Living Arts Counseling Center
1265 65th St (@ Hollis & 65th St.), Emeryville
$15 in advance/$20 at the door
About the Facilitator: Jessica Engle, MA, MFT Intern #70116 is a graduate of the California Institute of Integral Studies, where she received an M.A. in Counseling Psychology with an emphasis in Drama Therapy. She is a registered Marriage Family Therapy Intern at the Living Arts Counseling Center in Oakland, CA and is supervised by Warren Randy McCommons, MFT #45485, RDT/BCT. www.JessicaEngle.com
- Innovation & Renewal: In Applied & Therapeutic Theatre8/1-8/4 4-day intensive, Berkeley, $500 ($450 before Jun. 1)...More+
- Finding Sanctuary in the Body: A Yoga, Art, & Somatic Psychotherapy Group for Survivors of Sexual TraumaTues. 5/14-6/18 7:15-8:45p, $25/wk, Emeryville...More+
- ACTS of COURAGE: An improvisational theatre performance inspired by personal stories of heroism in the face of injustice Playback Theatre, 5/19 2pm, Live Oak Theatre, Berkeley...More+
- Ageless Pizazz! A 3-month group for women at midlife and beyondThurs. 7:00-9:15pm, 6/20-9/12, 12 weeks, Emeryville...More+
- Transform Your Life Script: A Drama Therapy GroupTues. 5/21-7/30 6:45-9:45p, $40, San Francisco...More+