● Subtleties of the Playback Theatre form.
● Refine acting and improvisation skills.
● Embodied empathy through movement, voice and action.
● Creative collaboration and team work in the context of a performing ensemble.
● How to create images and metaphors theatrically.
● Share in the often profound experience of hearing each other's stories and bringing them to life.
Roni Alperin is a professional actor and director and is a member of the Living Arts Playback Theatre Ensemble. Roni teaches Playback in various settings and is also a Drama Therapist in training at The Living Arts Counseling Center in Oakland.
For information and registration please contact Roni at
- Innovation & Renewal: In Applied & Therapeutic Theatre8/1-8/4 4-day intensive, Berkeley, $500 ($450 before Jun. 1)...More+
- Finding Sanctuary in the Body: A Yoga, Art, & Somatic Psychotherapy Group for Survivors of Sexual TraumaTues. 5/14-6/18 7:15-8:45p, $25/wk, Emeryville...More+
- ACTS of COURAGE: An improvisational theatre performance inspired by personal stories of heroism in the face of injustice Playback Theatre, 5/19 2pm, Live Oak Theatre, Berkeley...More+
- Ageless Pizazz! A 3-month group for women at midlife and beyondThurs. 7:00-9:15pm, 6/20-9/12, 12 weeks, Emeryville...More+
- Transform Your Life Script: A Drama Therapy GroupTues. 5/21-7/30 6:45-9:45p, $40, San Francisco...More+
- First Weekends Free Introduction to Drama Therapy WorkshopSun. June 1, 2:30-5:30, CIIS, SF. FREE with pre-registration....More+