In this group eight participants (men and women) are invited to change self-defeating patterns and practice new roles and desired behaviors in a supportive environment. Clients define their own therapeutic goals while using creative processes to achieve them. Playback theatre techniques, psychodrama, sociodarama, dream work, ritual and improvisation skills are nurtured and clients expand their internal role repertoire in a “rehearsal for life” context.
Playback Theatre transforms personal stories into improvised theater pieces using movement, ritual, music and spoken improvisation. It creates community and connection among people by honoring the dignity, drama and universality in their stories. Playback Theatre offers opportunity for insight, validation and personal growth as our stories are enacted and witnessed in the company of supportive others.Playback Theatre also invites healing through the cultivation of spontaneity, creativity, playfulness, empathy and cooperation.
January 11th - April 25th, 2012
RSVP to email@example.com or (510) 595-5500, ext. 16
- Innovation & Renewal: In Applied & Therapeutic Theatre8/1-8/4 4-day intensive, Berkeley, $500 ($450 before Jun. 1)...More+
- ACTS of COURAGE: An improvisational theatre performance inspired by personal stories of heroism in the face of injustice Playback Theatre, 5/19 2pm, Live Oak Theatre, Berkeley...More+
- Ageless Pizazz! A 3-month group for women at midlife and beyondThurs. 7:00-9:15pm, 6/20-9/12, 12 weeks, Emeryville...More+
- Transform Your Life Script: A Drama Therapy GroupTues. 5/21-7/30 6:45-9:45p, $40, San Francisco...More+
- First Weekends Free Introduction to Drama Therapy WorkshopSun. June 1, 2:30-5:30, CIIS, SF. FREE with pre-registration....More+