New Year, New You!
A playful look at resolutions, hopes, obstacles & goals for personal change in the coming year
Are you longing for change in your life but continue to make the same tired resolution every year?
Are you seeking a place to playfully create new and exciting goals?
This 6 week group is designed for you to creatively explore your hopes for change in the coming year, while looking at some of the obstacles and messages that get in your way. Using drama therapy, art processes and group support we will play with the idea of personal change and be challenged to move through those things that block us. No drama experience necessary. Shy people welcome
Tuesdays, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
January 24th - February 28th, 2012
2390 Mission Street #301
San Francisco, CA 94110
$35/session, must attend all six sessions
About the Facilitator: Sarah Harkness, MA, MFT Intern (#IMF-62856; supervised by Armand Volkas, MFT, RDT/BCT, MFT#28789) received her M.A. in Counseling Psychology with a concentration in drama therapy from the California Institute of Integral Studies. She has experience working in both agency settings with those struggling with substance abuse and private practice. She believes in the power of group support to help make change and bring hope in areas of personal growth.
RSVP to SarahHarkness@livingartscenter.org or (510) 595-5500, ext. 19
- Innovation & Renewal: In Applied & Therapeutic Theatre8/1-8/4 4-day intensive, Berkeley, $500 ($450 before Jun. 1)...More+
- Finding Sanctuary in the Body: A Yoga, Art, & Somatic Psychotherapy Group for Survivors of Sexual TraumaTues. 5/14-6/18 7:15-8:45p, $25/wk, Emeryville...More+
- ACTS of COURAGE: An improvisational theatre performance inspired by personal stories of heroism in the face of injustice Playback Theatre, 5/19 2pm, Live Oak Theatre, Berkeley...More+
- Ageless Pizazz! A 3-month group for women at midlife and beyondThurs. 7:00-9:15pm, 6/20-9/12, 12 weeks, Emeryville...More+
- Transform Your Life Script: A Drama Therapy GroupTues. 5/21-7/30 6:45-9:45p, $40, San Francisco...More+
- First Weekends Free Introduction to Drama Therapy WorkshopSun. June 1, 2:30-5:30, CIIS, SF. FREE with pre-registration....More+