Narrative Expressive Arts Therapy:
Liberating Clients through Creativity
A training workshop for therapists, social workers, wellness and life coaches, human service professionals, educators, community leaders, and spiritual guidance counselors
Shoshana Simons, PhD, RDT
Danielle Burnette, MA, MFT Intern
- Are you looking for creative ways to promote social justice and client empowerment through expressive arts?
- Are you yearning for an approach that brings down the artificial walls that separate you from your clients?
- Do you want to learn dynamic, arts-based methods that you can use with individuals, couples, families, groups and communities?
Join us for two colorful, creative, and stimulating days, offering you a rare chance to learn the "nuts and bolts" of Narrative Expressive Arts Therapy. You will be introduced to exciting collaborative arts activities that can deepen your understanding of the relationship between larger social systems and individual, familial, and group distress and how to help alleviate it. You will witness live demonstrations and gain opportunities for applying your newly emerging skills to the needs of your clients.
Prior arts experience is NOT required!
Saturday, June 29 and Sunday, June 30
10:00am to 5:00pm
The Living Arts Counseling Center
1265 65th Street, Emeryville, CA 94608
*Limited discount scholarships available
12 CEUs for MFTs and LCSWs for additional $25
Course meets the qualifications for 12 hours of continuation education credit for MFTs and LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Innovation & Renewal: In Applied & Therapeutic Theatre8/1-8/4 4-day intensive, Berkeley, $500 ($450 before Jun. 1)...More+
- ACTS of COURAGE: An improvisational theatre performance inspired by personal stories of heroism in the face of injustice Playback Theatre, 5/19 2pm, Live Oak Theatre, Berkeley...More+
- Ageless Pizazz! A 3-month group for women at midlife and beyondThurs. 7:00-9:15pm, 6/20-9/12, 12 weeks, Emeryville...More+
- Transform Your Life Script: A Drama Therapy GroupTues. 5/21-7/30 6:45-9:45p, $40, San Francisco...More+
- First Weekends Free Introduction to Drama Therapy WorkshopSun. June 1, 2:30-5:30, CIIS, SF. FREE with pre-registration....More+