The Living Arts Counseling Center presents:
Introduction to Expressive Arts Therapy & Sandplay Therapy:
A Free Workshop
Join us on Saturday October 23, 2010 for an experiential introduction to psychotherapeutic work utilizing the evocative and healing power of the arts. Making art ignites the creative spirit, helps us see our lives in new ways, and taps into our unique resources for dealing with life's challenges. We will explore a variety of media, including guided imagery, sandplay, poetry, movement and collage. Also included will be an abbreviated interactive experience which will demonstrate the capacity of group work to support the creative process. About the facilitators:
Merideth Bowen Shamszad
Marriage and Family Therapist Intern #58805, Supervised by Merry Ross, MFT #37401
Merideth received her Master's in Counseling Psychology from the California Institute of Integral Studies, with a specialization in expressive arts. She is also a registered physical therapist and has studied the use of guided imagery, expressive arts and psychotherapy with health problems. She is also a writer, painter and student of drama therapy and knows firsthand the power of the arts to create personal transformation.
Revi Hope Airborne
Marriage and Family Therapist Intern #53732, Supervised by Merry Ross, MFT #37401
Revi studied expressive arts therapy at the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco, graduating with a master's degree in marriage and family therapy in 2006. She is a professional musician, dancer and writer who has studied mindfulness for many years, through yoga and meditation. All these practices help her work with her clients to be grounded in the power of action, presence, creativity, and the body.
Where: Living Arts Counseling Center, 5463 College Avenue, Oakland
To register: 510 595-5500, x 20 or www.livingartscenter.org
Space is limited. You must register to attend.
- Innovation & Renewal: In Applied & Therapeutic Theatre8/1-8/4 4-day intensive, Berkeley, $500 ($450 before Jun. 1)...More+
- Finding Sanctuary in the Body: A Yoga, Art, & Somatic Psychotherapy Group for Survivors of Sexual TraumaTues. 5/14-6/18 7:15-8:45p, $25/wk, Emeryville...More+
- ACTS of COURAGE: An improvisational theatre performance inspired by personal stories of heroism in the face of injustice Playback Theatre, 5/19 2pm, Live Oak Theatre, Berkeley...More+
- Ageless Pizazz! A 3-month group for women at midlife and beyondThurs. 7:00-9:15pm, 6/20-9/12, 12 weeks, Emeryville...More+
- Transform Your Life Script: A Drama Therapy GroupTues. 5/21-7/30 6:45-9:45p, $40, San Francisco...More+
- First Weekends Free Introduction to Drama Therapy WorkshopSun. June 1, 2:30-5:30, CIIS, SF. FREE with pre-registration....More+