The Living Arts Counseling Center Presents:
A Post-Abortion Therapy
Group for Couples
A safe space where you can process your experience
-- whether it was recent or long ago.
This group will provide you with a safe, politically neutral, and compassionate space to share, connect, and learn from other couples who have had similar experiences. With the guidance of a supportive therapist, the two of you will learn healthy communication skills and better understand each other’s unique experiences -- using dialogue, drama, and creative therapeutic processes.
Tuesdays 7:00-9:30 pm
January 29 - March 5, 2013
a 6-week series
Living Arts Counseling Center
1265 65th Street (between Hollis & San Pablo)
Emeryville, CA 94608
$40 per person per session.
Advanced registration required.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org , or call (510) 595-5500 ext 23
The Facilitator: Tessa Sugarbaker, MD, MFT Intern (#62918) has worked with individuals, couples, and groups who have experienced many different emotions after an abortion. She is an experienced Obstetrician & Gynecologist who continues to practice since 2001. Tessa has experience working in both private practice therapy settings and inpatient and outpatient psychiatric ones. She is supervised by Merry Ross, MFT (MFC#37401).
- Innovation & Renewal: In Applied & Therapeutic Theatre8/1-8/4 4-day intensive, Berkeley, $500 ($450 before Jun. 1)...More+
- Finding Sanctuary in the Body: A Yoga, Art, & Somatic Psychotherapy Group for Survivors of Sexual TraumaTues. 5/14-6/18 7:15-8:45p, $25/wk, Emeryville...More+
- ACTS of COURAGE: An improvisational theatre performance inspired by personal stories of heroism in the face of injustice Playback Theatre, 5/19 2pm, Live Oak Theatre, Berkeley...More+
- Ageless Pizazz! A 3-month group for women at midlife and beyondThurs. 7:00-9:15pm, 6/20-9/12, 12 weeks, Emeryville...More+
- Transform Your Life Script: A Drama Therapy GroupTues. 5/21-7/30 6:45-9:45p, $40, San Francisco...More+